Complaints about a Nursery, School, or College

If you need to make a formal complaint about your child’s educational institution, the first thing you should do is look up the appropriate steps on their complaints policy, which should be listed on the school website. Most complaints policies for schools  start with talking to the teacher, and then submitting a formal complaint in writing to the head teacher, but do read the policy in full before submitting anything.  You may also have a right to submit your complaint to Ofsted (see below). 

IPSEA -Making a Complaint about a Nursery, School, or College (external link)

OFSTED Complaints Procedure (external link)

Complaints about Council/Cognus

Sutton Council Complaints/Compliments(external link)

Cognus Feedback and Complaints (external link)

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (external link)

SOS!SEN advice on Judicial Review (external link)

Complaints about Health

Healthwatch Sutton | Your spotlight on health and social care services

Southwest London & St. George’s Mental Health (including Sutton CAMHS) Complaints

Epsom and St Helier hospitals Complaints

Complaints about Social Care

LGSCO How to Complain about Social Care

Skip to content