Other organisations that can help

We want to make sure that there is always help available to those who most need it. If you need immediate support, please consider the other organisations below who can help.

Sutton Parent Carer Forum

The Sutton Parent Carer Forum (SPCF) is run by parent/carers for parent/carers. SPCF aims to ensure parents and carers have a voice in shaping Sutton services for children, young people and families with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). 

Telephone : 07557 760328
Email : suttonparentsforum@outlook.com

Get On Downs

Get On Down’s is a parent-lead weekly support group which is run on an informal, voluntary basis, providing emotional and practical support for all families who have children with Down’s syndrome, Down’s syndrome related advice on EHCP’s and DLA applications, and support at Annual Reviews, school meetings, and visits.

Email : getondowns@btinternet.com

PlayWise Learning CIC

PlayWise is a not-for-profit organisation to support young children (0-8 years) with additional needs and disabilities and their families through a range of support and interventions (please note there is a fee for some services). 

  • Direct work and hands on teaching with your child, including Portage
  • Family support, advice and guidance on managing challenges with your child’s language, play, learning, behaviour, social interactions and all disability needs
  • Bespoke interventions and parenting support
  • Navigating services and support that can work with your child
  • Play sessions, sleep counselling, social events, training and much more

Telephone : 077 3633 8707
Email : info@playwise.org.uk

Independent Parental Special Education Advice (IPSEA)

IPSEA’s legally based advice gives parents the confidence to exercise their rights and gives advice and support on:

  • Local Authorities’ legal duties to assess and provide for children with special educational needs
  • Exclusions of children with special needs/disabilities
  • Action/inaction by Local Authorities and/or schools which discriminate against children and young people with disabilities.

For advice about appeals, contact IPSEA’s Tribunal Helpline.

Telephone : 01799 582030 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm)
Email : office@ipsea.net


Contact is a charity that supports families of children with disabilities and can give advice on SEN law. The Contact website provides advice and information about any concern you might have about raising a child with additional needs or a disability.

Some of the ways they can help include:

  • Printed and helpline advice on education, benefits and finances, childcare, social care, medical information and more.
  • Programmes across the UK, including information sessions, workshops, drop-ins in hospitals and parenting courses.
  • Sells toys, clothing and sensory products that make life a bit easier for a parent and more fulfilling for their child.

Telephone: 0808 8083555 (free national helpline for parents/carers, Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5pm)
Email: helpline@contact.org.uk


SOS!SEN is a national charity aiming to empower parents and carers of children with SEN. They offer advice on:

  • Getting the right help for your child
  • Dealing with the school or local authority
  • Interpreting official letters
  • Getting a statement for your child
  • Finding independent expert professional advice
  • Appealing to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal

Telephone : 0300 302 3731 or 0208 538 3731 (national helpline during term time)
Email : admin@sossen.org.uk

Skip to content