People with SEND are under the children’s social care system through the age of 17, and adult social care system from age 18 and over.

Know your rights – the Care Act.pdf ( (external link)

Children’s Social Care Resources

Children’s First Contact Service

To access Early Help, Short Breaks, or anything else through the Sutton Children with Disabilities Social Care Team, submit the self-referral form through Children’s First Contact Service: London Borough of Sutton Children’s First Contact Service ( (external link)

Short Breaks

Short Breaks | Children who need additional support | Sutton Council (external link)

Know your rights – Short breaks.pdf ( (external link)


Follow this link to see if you qualify for and apply for an iCount card: Who can join the Register and apply for an iCount card? | Children and Young People’s Disability Register and iCount card | Sutton Council (external link)

Follow this link to see what venues accept iCount: iCount Venues | iCount venues | Sutton Council (external link)

Adult Social Care Resources

For young people 18-25 who have not accessed support from the Children’s and Young People’s Disability Service previously,  get in touch with the Adults Social Care Assessment Team on 0208 770 6080 or email

Adult social care | Sutton Council (external link)

Know your rights – Eligibility for care and support.pdf ( (external link)

Skip to content